Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Don't get overwhelmed! Get organized with twelve spring cleaning tips, tricks, and clever hacks.
1. The dishwasher can get more than just your dishes squeaky clean. Think outside of the box and use it to clean glass light fixtures, plastic toys, toothbrush holders and so much more. Choose the gentle cycle and skip the heated drying.
2. Get rid of lime buildup on your faucets by soaking paper towels with vinegar and laying them over the faucet. The lime should easily wipe away in about an hour.
3. Free up some valuable counter space with a wine rack for your hair products.
4. Shower hooks are pretty handy at hanging up pants by belt loops, belts, scarves, and purses.
5. Hang an accessory holder on the back of your closet door to store loose items like gloves, umbrellas, slippers, even sunglasses, and pet leashes.
6. Wash your windows when it's cloudy so you can catch the illusive fingerprints and streaks as you're cleaning.
7. Rubber gloves are an easy way to pick up pet hair. Just wet them and wipe your gloved hands across your furniture.
8. Whiten up the dirty spaces between your floor tiles with 3/4 cup of chlorine bleach and 1 gallon of water. Let sit for several minutes, then use a bristled brush to gently scrub clean.
9. A kitchen looks cleaner when the fridge isn't a literal clutter magnet. De-clutter your fridge for a more organized look in the kitchen.
10. Clean your microwave with this simple scrub-free solution. In a large microwaveable bowl, pour in 1 cup of water and a chopped lemon or several teaspoons of vinegar. Set the microwave on high until the solution is bubbling then let it sit for about 15 minutes. Simply use a damp sponge to wipe out the inside, no elbow grease needed.
11. Free up cabinet space below your sink by hanging spray bottles on a tension rod.
12. Unclog your drains with an easy homemade solution of a 1/2 cup of baking soda mixed with a 1/4 cup of table salt. Pour mixture down the drain followed by 1 cup of heated vinegar. Wait 15 minutes and then run hot tap water for 15-30 seconds.
Tips provided by Red River Roofing